/ Werner Side Kick Fiberglass Bent Shaft Whitewater Kayak Paddle
Werner Side Kick Fiberglass Bent Shaft Whitewater Kayak Paddle
FREE SHIPPING AVAILABLE*
Buy now and earn 2075 points! Sign up
SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
OUTDOORPLAY STANDS BEHIND EVERY TRANSACTION
*Exclusions apply. Click for details.
The Werner Side Kick paddle is a major innovation for whitewater playboaters. Setting the standard with downturned blades, the Side Kick gives immediate directional control in rudder and draw strokes setting up today's’ most advanced tricks. On the wave or throwing down river, trust the Side Kick.
You’ll also enjoy the benefits of an ergonomic neutral bent shaft. Neutral Bent means the blade, ferrule, and grip are in a straight line for the familiar feel of a straight shaft. Align your wrists in a more ergonomic position, reduce fatigue, and gain the confidence of full hand contact. Developed with just the right amount of flex, Werner’s carbon bent shafts are handcrafted with pride and focus in Sultan, Washington.
- Premium Performance provides a perfect combination of light weight, stiffness & durability
- Impact & abrasion-resistant fiberglass laminate blade construction
- Full-sized blades are an ideal fit for larger, well-conditioned paddlers
- Down turned shape enters the water sooner for more initial power without tripping up on your boat
- Dihedral directs waterflow evenly off each side of the blade for smooth & stable forward stroke
- Low-profile spine reinforcement enhances blade maneuverability, stiffness, & strength
- Asymmetrical design balances your stroke, reducing torque or twisting of the blade
- Ergonomic one-piece standard diameter carbon weave neutral bent shaft with indexing
- Optimized flex & strength profile offers strain-free paddling without giving up bomber reliability
- Hand made in Sultan, Washington
- One-year manufacturer warranty against defects in material & workmanship
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Bisphenol A, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Blade Material||Premium Fiberglass|
|Blade Size||48 x 20.75 cm|
|Blade Surface Area||719 cm2|
|Blade Offset||30º Right Hand Control|
|Shaft Material||Carbon Neutral Bent Shaft|
|Average Weight||1077 g (38 oz.)|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Submit your own question to our team of outdoor experts.
- JKJay K.I recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoGood for rock gardens and surfing, too
Being that big and strong guy, I have paddled full-size blades for many years (Werner Ikelos and Corryvreckan). But after breaking a few ferrules and a blade in more hardcore applications that are less typical for sea kayaking, I decided to try a one-piece whitewater paddle. With the more durable fiberglass blade, the options were pretty much down to the Powerhouse and the Side Kick. The only difference, as far as I can tell, is that the Side Kick features the downturned blades, which should help getting a shorter paddle in the water sooner.
I ordered a bent-shaft Side Kick in 203 cm length to accommodate for the relatively wide boats I fit in. Still 12 cm shorter than my touring paddles, which got me a little concerned. Also a bit disconcerting was the slight flutter that a reviewer on another site mentioned and attributed to the downturned blades.
However, after well over 30 miles of rock gardening, some long-boat surfing and a few open-ocean segments in four days, I am perfectly happy with my purchase. The feel is very similar to my touring paddles (which is essentially what I was after), but I am much less likely to destroy this one! Unlike the other reviewer, I have not detected the slightest hint of flutter, possibly due to the rather light grip I have on the paddle. On the distance segments, I had no problem keeping up with others who had touring paddles. If anything, my off-side roll seems a little less reliable -- but that may have other reasons.
Do the downturned…
Buy now, pay later.
It couldn't be smooother.
Add item(s) to your cart
Go to checkout and choose
Get the flexibility to spread your payments over time
Please note that a higher initial payment may be required for some purchases. More information in the Pay later over 4 instalments complete terms.
Choose your payment schedule at checkout – starting at 4 interest-free payments of $103.75 every 2 weeks.
- $No hidden fees, ever.
- No impact on your credit score to apply.
The estimated payment amount excludes taxes and shipping. Rates from 0-36% APR. Payment options through Affirm are subject to an eligibility check, may not be available in all states, and are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders. Options depend on your purchase amount, and a down payment may be required. CA Residents: Loans by Affirm Loan Services, LLC are made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender license.