Petzl Contact 9.8mm Climbing Rope
Split your purchase into 4 interest-free payments of $57.48 with
Shop with confidence
OUTDOORPLAY STANDS BEHIND EVERY TRANSACTION
The Petzl Contact 9.8mm Climbing Rope is a lightweight single rope for gym or rock climbing. Excellent grip and great handling make for easier manipulation and use of belay devices. The thickness of the sheath also contributes to its durability.
- Flexible rope makes it easier to give slack with belay devices
- Specific thermal treatment stabilizes core strands and improves consistency
- EverFlex treatment provides excellent grip and consistent handling over time
- Specific coil makes the rope ready to use
- Excellent balance of weight, diameter, and grip
- Middle Mark indicates the middle of the rope to facilitate maneuvers
- Thick sheath provides excellent abrasion resistance
- The core and sheath are bonded together at the rope ends by an ultrasonic process
- 3-year manufacturer warranty against any manufacturing and material defects
|Certifications||CE EN 892, UIAA|
|Percentage of sheath||41 %|
|Number of factor 1.77 falls||7|
|Static elongation||9 %|
|Dynamic elongation||35 %|
|Impact force||8.4 kN|
- AAnonymousI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 year agoDelighted with the purchase
Perfect rope for climbing comes already rolled up to be able to use and the perfect shipment. I recommend it, it is a good purchaseWas this helpful?
- DCDaniel C.I recommend this productRated 5 stars6 years agoPetzl Contact 9.8mm Climbing Rope
I got this rope nearly 5 months ago, and it's been used usually several times a week since. It's been used for a lot of sport climbs, top ropes, trad climbs, and gym climbing , taken multiple falls on it (mostly small), and still a solid line. Sheath has definitely taken a beating, but other than minor fraying has held solid, and the core still feels good everywhere. Might be trimming it soon, but going on 5 months of use, that's not too bad. The middle marker is still clearly visible, and the stretch is a good for taking whippers - you'll feel fine after the catch. Having an electric blue rope means it's always easy to sight too, stands out great against, well, pretty much nature in general.Â´Ã¨__So overall it's a solid, reliable rope we've used for all types of climbing. When this one gets retired, I'm probably going to get another.Was this helpful?