/ NRS Oar Tethers
NRS Oar Tethers
FREE SHIPPING AVAILABLE*
Buy now and earn 125 points! Sign up
SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
OUTDOORPLAY STANDS BEHIND EVERY TRANSACTION
*Exclusions apply. Click for details.
The NRS Oar Tethers keep your oars anchored to the boat if they pop off the oarlock or pin. During an unexpected release from your pin or oarlock, these 30-inch polypro straps give you a fighting chance to get the oar back in before the next wave.
- Keeps oar anchored to boat
- Thirty-inch Polypro strap
- The Oar Tether gives you a fighting chance to get that oar back in place in time to avert disaster
- Stainless steel ring on one end and a webbing loop on the other end of the Tether
- Loop either the ring end or webbing end around the frame or oar mount
- Quick-release 1 inch cam buckle joins two halves & lets you adjust length & remove oar
- Sold as a pair
|Stainless Steel Ring||2 1/4” diameter|
|Webbing Loop||2 1/2” diameter|
Tips: Remove oarlock from oar mount. Place metal ring atop oar mount, thread oarlock through ring and re-fasten oar lock. Slide sewn webbing loop over oar shaft and position between oar stopper and blade. Connect oar tether with buckle and pull to adjust length.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Submit your own question to our team of outdoor experts.
- BCBrian C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoSimple, Effective and Great.
I have used the older clip together tethers from NRS and alway hated the buttons that took of some of the slack (that eventually rusted out) and the clips that sometimes go jammed with sand and wouldn't clip together. There were also many a trip where I just used cordage I had hanging around in a bag at the put in.
These are easy to put on and take off and what could be easier than a cam buckle to shorten or lengthen as needed!!
- GSGuest S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoNRS rocks
These live up to the NRS quality that you would expect
- BBBruce B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 3 out of 5 stars5 years agoGood, but not perfect.
It's an oar tether, what could go wrong? I used these to replace lengths of rope I've used forever. Pro: the cam provides easy length adjustment. Con: if you put the ring around the oar (the only logical way to use this, since the ring can't get tangled in the oar lock) then it will catch on the abrupt joint between the shaft and a Carlisle blade... and that will happen every time you full ship the oars and then try to deploy them. There has to be a simple solution to an oar tether. This is almost it. Would be flawless with Sawyer oars.
Buy now, pay later.
It couldn't be smooother.
Add item(s) to your cart
Go to checkout and choose
Get the flexibility to spread your payments over time
Please note that a higher initial payment may be required for some purchases. More information in the Pay later over 4 instalments complete terms.
Choose your payment schedule at checkout – starting at 4 interest-free payments of $6.48 every 2 weeks.
- $No hidden fees, ever.
- No impact on your credit score to apply.
The estimated payment amount excludes taxes and shipping. Rates from 0-36% APR. Payment options through Affirm are subject to an eligibility check, may not be available in all states, and are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders. Options depend on your purchase amount, and a down payment may be required. CA Residents: Loans by Affirm Loan Services, LLC are made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender license.