NRS Ion Kayak Lifejacket (PFD)
Split your purchase into 4 interest-free payments of $29.48 with
Shop with confidence
OUTDOORPLAY STANDS BEHIND EVERY TRANSACTION
From its flexible fit to the padded shoulders and fleece-lined hand-warming pocket, the NRS Ion Kayak Lifejacket (PFD) is a comfortable, low-profile jacket that gets all the details right. The six-panel design offers a flexible fit that effortlessly wraps your torso and flows with your movements.
- 400 denier ripstop nylon ensures season-after-season durability
- Six-panel design constructed with ultra-soft foam for a flexible fit
- AirMesh inner panels provide ventilation throughout the jacket
- Single-entry front, zippered pocket keeps on-the-water essentials easily accessible
- Features padded shoulder straps, strap garages and reflective accents for low-light visibility
- US Coast Guard Certification, through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
|US Coast Guard Certification||Type III|
|Design Flotation||16.5 lbs.|
|Outer Fabric||400-denier urethane-coated ripstop nylon|
|Entry System||Side buckle|
|Pockets||1 - Front|
|Adjustment System||2 - Side, 2 - Shoulder, 2 - Waist|
NRS Ion Kayak Lifejacket (PFD)
- VVoyageurI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 year agoA Superb Life Jacket!
This PFD is the best I have ever owned. It is very well designed, very well made, and super-comfortable. What I love about it is the fact that it does not impede my paddling strokes whatsoever, as it allows my arms the freedom of movement that my old jacket didn't. The flotation is placed low so as to keep the upper body high in the water, and the straps are perfectly positioned to keep the jacket close to the torso without riding-up. The fact that it is so comfortable makes it more likely that I will actually wear it, even on easy flat-water paddles, rather than just throw it in the bottom of my canoe (like I often did with my old PFD.) It has lots of flotation that is well-placed, yet it is not bulky at all. ...Very well designed, and high-quality construction. I love the small zip-pocket for holding car keys, etc. I purchased one for my wife's birthday as well, and she loves hers as much as I do. You won't be disappointed!Was this helpful?
- JLJordan L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 stars1 year agoGreat PFD but a bit tall
Very comfortable and easy to fit, but stands a bit tall when using in a kayak. I generally need to keep it very loose so my chin dosent get hit by it every paddle.Was this helpful?
- TMTeddy M.I recommend this productRated 5 stars1 year agoBuilt for Speed
Set it and forget it. This PFD is comfortable first and foremost, but most importantly for me, it stays in place. I actually bought this for sailing on the Chesapeake Bay. I'm scrambling all over the boat, and the last thing I want is to have to keep readjusting my life jacket. This thing snugs down, is incredibly comfortable, gives me full range of motion in any direction, and it stays put. The icing on the cake is the stowable strap ends. Not having those things flapping about in my face is awesome.Was this helpful?
- DSD S.I recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years agoThinnest PFD I have ever worn.
I have an owned a Siren for several years and it was kind of on it's last legs, I mean... I probaly could have gotten another season out of it. But the one thing that I did not like about the old one, is fixed on the 2020 redesign and I now had to have it. 'Strap garages,' (as NRS calls them) gives you a place to tuck the ends of your straps into. So, no more straps blowing in this gals face anymore. Otherwise, same PFD. SUPER comfortable. Siren for the win!Was this helpful?
- AAnonymousI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years agoGreat fit, super super comfortable
I bought this for a week long rafting trip down the Green in Utah. I rowed a gear boat for the duration of the trip, and I was worried about this jacket chafing because of the top strap design. It never did - it was quite comfortable and low profile. The foam really does mold to your body. One thing...Was this helpful?