Adjustable Anatomic Touring Kayak Backband
Adjustable Anatomic Touring Kayak Backband
FREE Economy Shipping* over $49 in the contiguous United States
View other UPS and USPS rates during checkout based on zip / postal code.
Holiday Shipping Cutoff Dates
|3-Day Select||December 20|
|2nd Day Air||December 21|
|Next Day Air||December 22|
|Standard to Canada||December 9|
|Priority Shipping||December 17|
|Shipping for Military Mail||December 9|
Estimated delivery times - In business days
Due to COVID-19, your order may experience shipping delays. We will update you via email.
|Shipping Method||Estimated Transit Time|
|Economy||5 - 10 Days|
|UPS® Ground||1 - 5 Days|
|USPS Priority Mail||1 - 4 Days|
Expedited options- In business days
|Shipping Method||Estimated Transit Time|
|UPS 3 Day Select®||3 Days|
|UPS 2nd Day Air®||2 Days|
|UPS Next Day Air®||1 Day|
Free shipping does not apply to: Hobie Brand, International, Alaska & Hawaii, APO/FPO. An Oversized Handling Fee applies to Point 65 N Kayaks. View rates during checkout.
- Estimated transit time is business days only, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays.
- Transit time does not include the day the package ships.
- Our warehouse ships orders Monday - Friday, and usually ships within 24 hours of receipt.
- Estimated transit times are not guaranteed as severe weather, natural disasters and other unforeseen events may impact delivery services.
- We will send you an email with your tracking number when your order has shipped.
- The tracking number usually becomes available within a few hours after the shipment.
- Your order may ship in multiple shipments. You will receive a separate notification as each portion of your order ships.
- Due to shipping restrictions, some items may only be shipped via ground services as noted on the product page.
- An Oversized Handling Fee applies to Point 65 N Kayaks, view rates during checkout.
- Please do allow at least 3+ weeks for international orders to be received. Further delays are possible due to customs processing time.
- Shipping charges are applied at checkout and vary depending on the destination. We are unable to ship some items internationally. Oversize and heavy items may require additional charges.
- We currently ship to happy customers throughout the world using UPS and USPS methods (not all methods available in all regions). We may suspend or discontinue shipping services to any country or region due to carrier or import restrictions or other circumstances and will note these restrictions here:
- Restrictions: Shipping is currently unavailable to Russia. Most carriers are also unable to ship to Belarus and Ukraine and rates may not be available at checkout as a result.
Please Note: All prices are shown in US dollars (USD) by default, and all orders are processed in USD at checkout.
Customs, Taxes and Duties:
- Duty, taxes, and other fees are the customer’s responsibility since Outdoorplay does not pre-collect these fees at the time of purchase. Please contact your local Customs Office for more information about the cost of these fees.
- Please also take note of any personal purchase limits in place in your country. If your order exceeds the set limit, you will have to arrange for a broker to clear your order through customs at extra cost. Outdoorplay is not able to make these arrangements for you.
- We accept returns within 60 days of the date of purchase. The returned item(s) must be unused and in the original manufacturer packaging with hang tags attached.
- To be eligible for a return, you must provide your original invoice or click here and complete the Return Form. Once completed, place the form in the box with your returned item(s) and mail to the following address.
3459 Guignard Dr.
Hood River, OR 97031
- Customers are responsible for return shipping costs. Once your return is received and inspected, we will process your refund within 72 hours of receipt. Refunds can take a full billing cycle to process depending on your bank or credit card company.
- Outdoorplay is not responsible for items lost or damaged in transit. We recommend that you use a trackable method to mail your return and a carrier that provides tracking and insurance information.
Split your purchase into 4 interest-free payments of $26.23 with
Buy now, pay later.
It couldn't be smooother.
Add item(s) to your cart
Go to checkout and choose
Get the flexibility to spread your payments over time
Please note that a higher initial payment may be required for some purchases. More information in the Pay later over 4 instalments complete terms.
Choose your payment schedule at checkout – starting at 4 interest-free payments of $26.23 every 2 weeks.
- No hidden fees, ever.
- No impact on your credit score to apply.
The estimated payment amount excludes taxes and shipping. Rates from 0-36% APR. Payment options through Affirm are subject to an eligibility check, may not be available in all states, and are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders. Options depend on your purchase amount, and a down payment may be required. CA Residents: Loans by Affirm Loan Services, LLC are made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender license.
Shop With Confidence
100% Satisfaction Guarantee & Easy Returns
We want you to be happy with your Outdoorplay experience. If you are not satisfied with the service you receive, please contact us immediately and we will remedy the situation.
When your order arrives, inspect it carefully to confirm the product meets your satisfaction. If for any reason it does not, we will gladly exchange it, or you may return it for your money back! For more information on our return policy, please click here.
FREE and Fast Shipping
We offer FREE shipping on orders over $49 to anywhere in the contiguous United States. Exclusions apply to Hobie Brand, International, Alaska & Hawaii.
Expedited shipping options are also available during checkout.
Most orders ship the same day if ordered by 1pm PST.
To view shipping delivery times & policy, click here.
Price Match Guarantee
We know that making an investment in your gear involves a number of decisions, including evaluating the best price. The prices you see listed on our website are among the most competitive you will find anywhere!
If you find a lower price on an identical product from one of our competitors, you're covered under our Price Match Guarantee. We'll match their price, which means you can enjoy shopping and not worry that you'd be getting a better deal elsewhere!
Our goal is to make this policy simple and hassle-free.. You will find that we respond to your requests quickly and in most cases can approve the price match the same day.
To request a price match please call us at 1-800- 994- 4327.
To view our entire Price Match policy, click here.
- Overview Overview 9" x 15.5" Aluminum ratchet buckles Adjustable lumbar plunger Rigid anatomic plate Dual density foam Power Post height adjustment Durable neoprene cover Instructions and hardware included
- 9" x 15.5"
- Aluminum ratchet buckles
- Adjustable lumbar plunger
- Rigid anatomic plate
- Dual density foam
- Power Post height adjustment
- Durable neoprene cover
- Instructions and hardware included
- RSRalph S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years agoAdjustable Anatomic Touring Kayak Backband Review
I purchased this item to replace the stock backband on my early Wilderness Systems 165 Tempest sea kayak.
The original backband was still in good shape but I wanted one that came up higher on my back. This one is about 4" higher than the original.
Attaching backbands is challenging in this kayak. A 1/4 20 stainless bolt fastens to a nut that is buried out of reach in the plastic frame on both sides of the seat.
I solved this problem by removing the bolt, enlarging the hole and inserting a nutsert. It's like a pop rivet in that you install it from the front and don't need to access the back side. Now I can simply screw the bolt into the nutsert.
As of yet, I haven't fastened the two straps that go downward. Doing so would probably hold the seat back vertical . Currently, I put several large sponges under the lower edge of the backband, accomplishing the same result. The listing states that the ratcheting mechanisms are aluminum. They are plastic, a better choice for salt water.
I am pleased with the replacement.Was this helpful?
- JSJohn S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 3 stars2 years agoPretty good, would be 4 or 5 stars if lumbar adjustment worked better
Works pretty well ... but still can't figure out how to "work" or adjust the lumbar support ... I pulled the adjustment strap in increase the support, and now i can get it to release ... very frustrating.Was this helpful?
- AAnonymousI recommend this productRated 4 stars3 years agoFive Stars
Very comfortable!Was this helpful?
- AAnonymousI recommend this productRated 4 stars3 years agoGood backband
Very nice backband!Was this helpful?
- PGPokemon G.I recommend this productRated 5 stars3 years agoSolves "Kayak Back"
This product solved the mid back pain that I suffered due to the original board like seat back in my kayak. The adjustable lumbar feature of the Padz is a huge plus. I no longer think about my back when paddling.
This is not a "plug and play" item, so be prepared for some custom fitting, cutting and drilling during the installation.Was this helpful?