/ Adjustable Anatomic Touring Kayak Backband
Adjustable Anatomic Touring Kayak Backband
FREE SHIPPING AVAILABLE*
Buy now and earn 520 points! Sign up
SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
OUTDOORPLAY STANDS BEHIND EVERY TRANSACTION
*Exclusions apply. Click for details.
- Overview Overview 9" x 15.5"Aluminum ratchet bucklesAdjustable lumbar plungerRigid anatomic plateDual density foamPower Post height adjustmentDurable neoprene coverInstructions and hardware included
- 9" x 15.5"
- Aluminum ratchet buckles
- Adjustable lumbar plunger
- Rigid anatomic plate
- Dual density foam
- Power Post height adjustment
- Durable neoprene cover
- Instructions and hardware included
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Submit your own question to our team of outdoor experts.
- RSRalph S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoAdjustable Anatomic Touring Kayak Backband Review
I purchased this item to replace the stock backband on my early Wilderness Systems 165 Tempest sea kayak.
The original backband was still in good shape but I wanted one that came up higher on my back. This one is about 4" higher than the original.
Attaching backbands is challenging in this kayak. A 1/4 20 stainless bolt fastens to a nut that is buried out of reach in the plastic frame on both sides of the seat.
I solved this problem by removing the bolt, enlarging the hole and inserting a nutsert. It's like a pop rivet in that you install it from the front and don't need to access the back side. Now I can simply ***** the bolt into the nutsert.
As of yet, I haven't fastened the two straps that go downward. Doing so would probably hold the seat back vertical . Currently, I put several large sponges under the lower edge of the backband, accomplishing the same result. The listing states that the ratcheting mechanisms are aluminum. They are plastic, a better choice for salt water.
I am pleased with the replacement.
- JSJohn S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 3 out of 5 stars3 years agoPretty good, would be 4 or 5 stars if lumbar adjustment worked better
Works pretty well ... but still can't figure out how to "work" or adjust the lumbar support ... I pulled the adjustment strap in increase the support, and now i can get it to release ... very frustrating.
- AAnonymousI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars4 years agoGood backband
Very nice backband!
- PGPokemon G.I recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoSolves "Kayak Back"
This product solved the mid back pain that I suffered due to the original board like seat back in my kayak. The adjustable lumbar feature of the Padz is a huge plus. I no longer think about my back when paddling.
This is not a "plug and play" item, so be prepared for some custom fitting, cutting and drilling during the installation.
Buy now, pay later.
It couldn't be smooother.
Add item(s) to your cart
Go to checkout and choose
Get the flexibility to spread your payments over time
Please note that a higher initial payment may be required for some purchases. More information in the Pay later over 4 instalments complete terms.
Choose your payment schedule at checkout – starting at 4 interest-free payments of $26.23 every 2 weeks.
- $No hidden fees, ever.
- No impact on your credit score to apply.
The estimated payment amount excludes taxes and shipping. Rates from 0-36% APR. Payment options through Affirm are subject to an eligibility check, may not be available in all states, and are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders. Options depend on your purchase amount, and a down payment may be required. CA Residents: Loans by Affirm Loan Services, LLC are made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender license.