/ Adjustable Anatomic Touring Kayak Backband
- RSRalph S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years agoAdjustable Anatomic Touring Kayak Backband Review
I purchased this item to replace the stock backband on my early Wilderness Systems 165 Tempest sea kayak.
The original backband was still in good shape but I wanted one that came up higher on my back. This one is about 4" higher than the original.
Attaching backbands is challenging in this kayak. A 1/4 20 stainless bolt fastens to a nut that is buried out of reach in the plastic frame on both sides of the seat.
I solved this problem by removing the bolt, enlarging the hole and inserting a nutsert. It's like a pop rivet in that you install it from the front and don't need to access the back side. Now I can simply screw the bolt into the nutsert.
As of yet, I haven't fastened the two straps that go downward. Doing so would probably hold the seat back vertical . Currently, I put several large sponges under the lower edge of the backband, accomplishing the same result. The listing states that the ratcheting mechanisms are aluminum. They are plastic, a better choice for salt water.
I am pleased with the replacement.Was this helpful?
- JSJohn S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 3 stars2 years agoPretty good, would be 4 or 5 stars if lumbar adjustment worked better
Works pretty well ... but still can't figure out how to "work" or adjust the lumbar support ... I pulled the adjustment strap in increase the support, and now i can get it to release ... very frustrating.Was this helpful?
- AAnonymousI recommend this productRated 4 stars3 years agoFive Stars
Very comfortable!Was this helpful?
- AAnonymousI recommend this productRated 4 stars3 years agoGood backband
Very nice backband!Was this helpful?
- PGPokemon G.I recommend this productRated 5 stars3 years agoSolves "Kayak Back"
This product solved the mid back pain that I suffered due to the original board like seat back in my kayak. The adjustable lumbar feature of the Padz is a huge plus. I no longer think about my back when paddling.
This is not a "plug and play" item, so be prepared for some custom fitting, cutting and drilling during the installation.Was this helpful?