Werner Ovation Carbon Straight Shaft Kayak Paddle
Split your purchase into 4 interest-free payments of $128.75 with
Starting at $42.91/mo with
. Prequality Now
Shop with confidence
OUTDOORPLAY STANDS BEHIND EVERY TRANSACTION
The Werner Ovation Carbon Kayak Paddle brings ultimate performance to a higher level. The design and construction make it far and away the best paddling low-angle touring model. Their lightest best paddle has no detail overlooked, even down to the custom, small sized-light weight drip rings.
The Ovation is built with optimized technology that provides enough strength with minimal materials. Buoyant mid-size blades fit the widest range of paddlers and allow for effortless paddling, while a thin edge creates a smooth entrance and exit from the water, creating an exceptionally light, buoyant and quiet feel.
- Mid-sized Ultimate Performance Core blades
- Full carbon blades w/ foam core create an exceedingly light feel
- Dihedral allows for smooth & stable forward paddling
- Quality carbon weave material
- Low angle-optimized shape allows paddling at a higher performance
- Smooth back face & thinner edges allow for a quieter catch & effortless exit of the stroke.
- 2-piece take-apart design for easy travel and storage
- Optimized flex & strentgh
- Smart-View adjustable ferrule is simple & precise
- Drip rings
- Includes embroidered fleece paddle bag to protect during transport
- Also offered in a bent shaft model
- Handcrafted in Sultan, WA
|Blade Size||52 x 16.5 cm|
|Blade Surface Area||643 cm2|
|Blade Offset||0 - 60º Right or Left Hand Control (15º Increments)|
|Shaft Material||Premium carbon|
|Average Weight||546 g (19.25 oz)|
Werner Ovation Carbon Straight Shaft Kayak Paddle:
|Paddler Height||Boat Width 23" & Under||Boat Width 23" - 28"||Boat Width 28" - 32"||Boat Width over 32"|
|less than 5'||210 cm||220 cm||230 cm||240 cm|
|5' - 5'6"||215 cm||220 cm||230 cm||240 cm|
|5'6" - 6'||220 cm||220 cm||230 cm||250 cm|
|6' & taller||220 cm||230 cm||240 cm||250 - 260 cm|
- SPStephen P.I recommend this productRated 5 stars4 years agoA feather
I finally realised what featherlight meant when I started to use this paddle. It is strong, precise and exceptionally well machined. A totally new experience when paddling. Now if I can just avoid scratching it so that I count mount it on the wall between outings...Was this helpful?
- AAnonymousI recommend this productRated 5 stars4 years agoFeels like a feather in your hand.
I have the 240 straight shaft 2 piece paddle. I've only been kayaking for a couple of years, so I'm no expert, but this paddle is fantastic for me. I heavily research all equipment I buy, and I started out with a 2 piece Cannon Nokomis 240 Carbon straight shaft paddle with plastic blades(28-30 oz). I liked it a lot and thought it was light, until I picked up the Ovation in a kayak shop. OMG this thing feels like a feather in your hand. Eight ounces of weight is VERY noticeable in a paddle, and the all CF build quality is top shelf. The Cannon is a nice paddle, but it takes two people pulling and twisting to get it apart after a day on the water. The Ovation ferrule is surgical tight, but slides apart easily with the push of a button. This thing is expensive, but I love it. It's certainly much better than I am. And the Werner product support is outstanding. Great piece of equipment and great company.Was this helpful?