NRS Pilot Knife
Split your purchase into 4 interest-free payments of $10.23 with
Shop with confidence
OUTDOORPLAY STANDS BEHIND EVERY TRANSACTION
Both rescue professionals and recreational boaters love the features of the NRS Pilot Knife. Not only does its unique design attract attention, but the sheath also provides convenient access when you need it most. The NRS Pilot knife is an excellent choice for freshwater boating and rescue.
- The cutting edge has both smooth and serrated sections
- Blunt tip design protects against unintentional puncture of your gear or yourself
- The blade is only sharpened on the one edge, helping prevent injury in a tight rescue situations
- Rope-cutting hook at the base of the blade
- Comfortable wrap-around rubberized grip gives you maximum blade control
- The handle includes a bottle open in the body and glass-breaking tip on the end
- Squared hole in handle serves as a valve wrench for an oxygen tank
- The sheath clip attaches firmly to a PFD lash tab
- Sheath firmly locks the knife in place and only lets it go when you squeeze both sides of the release
- Matte finish on orange, blue and green handle models
- PVD coating on black handle model
- For saltwater use, look at the NRS Titanium Pilot Knife
|Blade Material||420 HC stainless steel|
|Handle Material||Glass-reinforced polypropylene with TPR over mold|
|Sheath Material||Fiberglass-reinforced nylon|
|Weight (With Sheath)||5.5 oz|
|Weight (Knife Only)||3.5 oz.|
- MMattVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 stars9 months agoGreat kayak knife, brilliant sheath release feature
Great little knife, perfect for attaching to your PFD patch. Could be sharper out of the boxWas this helpful?
- MWMarcia W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 year agoFunctionality, Durability & Adhesive Quality
Used this on several white water & kayak adventures. Supported release of hung up trout by local fisherman (who cut the line & trail), adhered to the jacket during unexpected rescue situation in tight space and took a beating when used to release shoes from a rock and rushing water. Worth every penny for those trips.Was this helpful?
- TMTeddy M.I recommend this productRated 5 stars1 year agoGreat Knife
This is the knife that stays on my Professional Rescue PFD. It has a BIG profile, which may not be awesome on a small kayaking PFD, but I LOVE it for my application. I'm usually wearing gloves in cold water, so having a knife big enough to grab and feel is nice. Add in the fact that it mounts very securely on a lash tab and the sheath makes getting to the knife very easy, and it's perfect. Cool extra features like a glass punch, rope cutting notch, and grippy handle make it great for professional rescuers. I also love that the whole thing is one piece of steel. No durability issues there!Was this helpful?
- DSD S.I recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years agoA well thought our knife and sheath.
As a first a swift water first responder I am required to have a 3blade, which is challenging to safely do in a fixed blade knife. The sheath keeps this tucked away and secure on my PFD. The window punch is a nice add on feature, eliminating an extra tool in my already extensive kit. A well thought our knife and sheath.Was this helpful?
- RMRobert M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years agoNice Knife!
Nice Knife! Good quality.Was this helpful?