Not looking for a full kayak drytop? You might be interested in a Kayak Paddling Jacket? To view all kayak paddling jackets and splash jackets, click here.
Kayak drytops are worn by kayakers to keep them warm and dry when they are in a cold environment. It is necessary to have some kind of exposure protection when the air or water temperature is low, and a kayaking dry top is the perfect solution. Water is kept from entering the body of kayak drytops through built in seals located at the wrist and neck area. Kayak drytops are one the best way to keep warm in extreme cold waters.
We highly recommend getting a full GORE-TEX kayak drytop, for example, a Kokatat Rogue Drytop. Made from evolution 3.21 oz. nylon 3-layer GORE-TEX body, this kayak drytop is the best of show. The Rogue kayak drytop features:
- Integrated GORE-TEX Cordura reinforced shoulder, elbow, and forearm
- Latex gaskets w/superstretch neoprene, self draining cuffs and collar
- Dual-adjustable outer skirt incorporates "hook & loop" compatible neoprene
- Lightweight GORE-TEX Performance Shell inner skirt with added length
- Self-draining, zippered chest pocket with key lanyard
As you can see, it's worth the money to buy the best kayak drytop you can afford!
Most Popular Kayak Drytops:
Kokatat and NRS and Stohlquist make some of the most popular kayak drytops.
Click here to view kayak drysuits and more kayak apparel and gear: